Written By – Todd Smithee – President and Founder of Conrin
There are a lot of factors that go into selecting the best CRM fit for your organization. You also should recognize when the system is not a fit for your Economic Development Organization (EDO) and instead of putting more effort into it, look to make the switch now.
Part of the ease of a switch is now much experience the CRM integrator has with your type of business. When it comes to EDOs, we are probably the most experienced integrator in the U.S. for CRM implementations and have not only started from scratch with implementation, but have also switched many from their previous platform to Salesforce.com
Here are the benefits you can expect if you move from ExecutivePulse to Salesforce.com
1. Solving the fact you have no Microsoft Outlook integration – not everyone uses Outlook, but with all the various devices now, this is a big help with Salesforce.com
2. Ease of use – The general navigation and use of Salesforce is much more user friendly and is better if you are using it from various devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone). The project flow is much smoother and from a single screen you get contacts, projects, retention calls, and all pertinent information and activity for that account.
3. You can add attraction – Executive Pulse is only business recruitment and expansion(BRE), but Saleforce.com has both recruitment and attraction.
4. Upgrades Cause Downtime – There were Executive Pulse clients that experienced 2-3 weeks of downtime as system changes were made. That is unacceptable. While we cannot say that SFDC has never been down in it’s 15 year history, it certainly does not take you down for weeks to do an upgrade – and frankly, there is usually no down time with upgrades – you wake up the next day and you are upgraded.
5. Speed – Salesforce just runs much faster with better response times while using it. You don’t spend as much time waiting for the application to catch up – again with all the devices you could use to access your CRM, this becomes more important.
6. Salesforce.com is the CRM market leader – Salesforce.com is a much bigger company that spends a lot in improving it’s product so you have a better upgrade process and you get adjustments based on technology changes available to you faster.
7. Reporting – This is probably the most important one. Everybody is accountable to what is happening right? With Salesforce, you are able to easily generate reports without help from tech support. Can we say that again – WITHOUT any help. We will set you up properly and show you how. It’s that simple.
If you aren’t convinced now that you need to at least consider switching from ExecutivePulse to Salesforce.com for your Economic Development Organization, please contact us and we can discuss your specific needs as well as provide several references who will gladly share their experience with you.